The surge of new Facebook users in the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) continues, as over 1.64 Million people joined the Social Network over the last month, pushing the total count of MENA Facebook users to over 40 Million.
Out of the global Facebook user base of 400 Million people, approximately one-tenth presently live in the MENA region.
Download the MENA Facebook Usage and Statistics Report for more detailed analysis.
People living in the United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Qatar, Israel and Bahrain are leading the adoption of Facebook in the region. Over one-quarter of the population in each of these countries are Facebook users.
In the last 30 days, Iraq, Yemen, Djibouti, Libya and Lebanon are the fastest growing countries in terms of rate of growth of Facebook users.
Some additional key findings of the report are:
- The MENA region is home to approximately a 10th of the world’s Facebook users. Currently, the region has over 40 Million Facebook users, representing a market penetration of 11.5%.
- Over the last month, 1.64 Million people in MENA joined Facebook. This represents a one-month growth rate of 4.3%.
- While the majority of MENA users browse Facebook in English, more than 3.6 Million users browse in Arabic, representing 9.1% of the overall MENA Facebook user base.
- Facebook usage in MENA is dominated by Males. 60.7% of users are Males and 35.6% of users are Females
- More than 26 Million Facebook users in MENA are between the ages of 18 and 34.
- 82.4% of the overall MENA Facebook user base is 18 years of age or older.
Download the Report: